Statement of Faith
Statement Of Faith
At LAF, we welcome families regardless of their beliefs, but it is important to us that you know what we believe and understand that all of our events, activities, field trips, meetings, workshops, functions, and Co-op classes will be conducted through the lens of this decidedly Protestant Statement of Faith.
- The Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God and constitutes completed and final revelation. The Bible, in its original autograph, is without error in whole and in part, including theological concepts, as well as geographical and historical details (Jn. 17:17, Ps. 12:6, Prov. 3:5, 2 Tim. 3:16,17; Isa. 40:8, Matt. 24:35, 2 Pet. 1:20,21).
- God has existed for all eternity in three persons (Matt. 28:19, 2 Cor. 13:14): God the Father (Eph 4:4-6), God the Son (1 Cor. 8:6, Col. 2:9, Jn. 10:30, Phil. 2:5-10), and God the Holy Spirit (Gen. 1:2, Jn. 14:16-17, Jn. 14:26, Jn. 15:26, Jn. 16:7-14, 2 Cor 3:17). Jesus Christ was God come in human flesh being fully God and fully man except without sin (Jn. 1:1-14, II Cor. 5:21).
- All men are in violation of God’s righteous requirements and His holy character, both by nature and by act, and therefore are under His wrath and just condemnation. The central purpose of the coming of Jesus Christ was to pay the penalty for man’s sin through substitutionary death on the cross — the successful accomplishment, which was attested to by His subsequent visible, bodily resurrection (Rom. 3:10-26, I Cor. 15:12-22, II Cor. 5:14-21).
- Salvation is offered as a gift, free to the sinner. This gift must be responded to in individual faith, not trust in any personal works whatsoever, but in the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ alone (Rom. 6:23, Eph. 2:1-10, II Cor. 5:14-21, Rom. 5:15).
- We hold as belief and conviction that children are given by God as a stewardship to the parents and not the state and that parents have the wherewithal and authority to teach and educate their own children (Prov. 22:6, Deut. 6:6-7, Eph. 6:4, Ps. 127:3-5).
- Marriage constitutes the union between one biological man and one biological woman (Gen. 2:22-24, Matt. 19:4-6, Heb. 13:4, Mk. 10:6-9, Mal. 2:15).
- We believe that God created the human race male and female and that all conduct with the intent to adopt a gender other than one’s birth gender is immoral and therefore sin (Gen. 1:26-27, Deut. 22:5, Mk. 10:6).
- We believe a follower of Christ’s body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and is not their own (1 Cor. 6:18-20). Sexual immorality, which includes all forms of sexual sin, be it homosexual or heterosexual, including fornication and adultery, is a unique sin in that it is a sin against the individual’s body, the temple of the Holy Spirit (Col. 3:5, Rom. 1:26,27, Lev. 20:13, 1 Cor. 6:9, Heb. 13:4, 1 Cor. 6:13, Ex. 20:14, Gal. 5:19).