In the event of a violation of the Code of Conduct or Statement of Faith, the following actions are to be taken by a member of the Board of Directors. Violations below refer to any that occur in a given academic year. However, records of violations will be kept on file for at least seven years and may be consulted by the Board of Directors and/or Disciplinary Committee at their discretion.
- Documented Warning and review of Code of Conduct expectations
- Parents notified of violation by call, text, or email
Second Violation or First Serious Violation
- A serious violation is defined as
- any behavior that is disrespectful and with malicious intent towards another student or adult
- any act of violence
- any form of sexual misconduct
- the appearance of being under the influence of an illegal substance
- possession of illegal substances and/or weapon(s)
- Immediate removal from LAF premises or events will be enforced in response tothe use or pression of illegal substance and/or weapons or any acts of violence and/or sexual misconduct
- Student has a conversation with at least two Board members
- Board members complete a Violation Report (see Appendix), including a signature from the student and the reporting adult (if there is one). Must be signed by the student’s parent/guardian and returned to Board Member prior to attending an LAF function. If it is a Co-op related violation, signed report must be returned to the Board member by the next attended Co-op day in order to return to LAF Co-op.
- Student must submit a paragraph to Board Member (if Co-Op related) explaining what they did that was wrong, why it was wrong, and how they plan to improve their behavior and prevent repeating the violation. Paragraph must be signed by the parent/guardian and returned to a Board Member (or the appropriate Supervisor if Co-op related). Must be completed prior to attending an LAF function, including Co-op. Paragraph will be attached to the Violation Report when received.
- Board member or Supervisor will notify parents of violation and actions to be taken before next LAF function or Co-op day.
- Board member completes a Violation Report (see Appendix), including a signature from the student and the reporting adult (if there is one). Must be signed by the student’s parent/guardian and returned to Board Member prior to attending an LAF function.
- Issue taken directly to the Intervention Team for discussion of appropriate actions. Student may not attend LAF functions or return to LAF Co-op until a decision is made by a majority vote of the Board of Directors, based on recommendation of the Intervention Team