7th - 12th Grade Electives
LAF Middle and Hgh School Co-Op offers a la cart classes to students in 6 – 12 grade. Parents are not required to stay on campus while students are in classes, but all Middle and High School families are required to volunteer on campus during the year. Click here for more information on our Volunteer Requirements.
In this class you will learn:
- Hand-stitching: the whip stitch, hidden stitch, sewing on buttons, and more
- Parts of a sewing machine
- How to thread and operate your machine
- Sewing techniques: we will practice straight-stitching, zig-zag, and spiral stitching
- Basic troubleshooting
- How to pin and cut out a pattern
In this class we will sew:
- A decorative pillow (by hand)
- A one piece apron
- A six panel skirt
- And more!
- Sewing Machine in good working order.
- Sewing machine toolbox
- Sewing machine needles #11 #14 #18
- Manual for your machine (required) if you don’t have one please look it up online and print it out
- 1-inch. 3 ring binder
- 12-inch ruler
- Pinking Shears (please make sure they work)
*Note — There will be a weekly materials list (included as needed) on the syllabus given out at Orientation, such as how much fabric we need to do a project, thread, zipper, and any embellishments needed. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO HAVE THE SUPPLIES FOR EACH PROJECT AT LEAST 2 WEEKS BEFORE THE CLASS AND WASH AND IRON THE FABRIC PRIOR TO CLASS.
- A fall drama
- A spring musical
- A fall theatre and musicality workshop
To learn more about our theatre programs, click on the link.
Students will be creating the yearbook for LAF’s 2021-2022 school year; gaining and utilizing skills in
graphic design, layout design, caption writing and photography.
laptop or tablet with google chrome installed.